Entry and Draw Rules
- All pre-entries must be postmarked by November 16th. Entries after this date must pay a late fee of $15 per horse. Late entries will be taken until the first horse runs each day.
- Horse substitutions will be allowed until the first horse runs each day. If a horse substitution is made for round #2, that original horse/rider combo becomes ineligible for the bonus round.
- Vet/Doctor releases will be accepted until the first horse runs each day. Full refund (less the $20 processing fee) with valid release.
- Limited exhibitions will be on Friday from 7pm-8:30pm and Saturday from 10am–11am. Exhibitions are $5 each and must be paid for before taken. 20-minute riding slots will be offered on Friday from 6pm-7pm and Saturday from 8:30am-10am. Riding slots are $10 each and must be paid for before taken. Exhibition and riding slot reservations will be taken by telephone Wednesday, November 30th from 4pm-7pm ONLY (TX time) by calling 806-488-2144. After 7pm, any open spots will be sold on site. Phone-in exhibitions MUST be paid for in the office 1 hour prior to time slot or the exhibition will be sold. If you miss your exhibition, you will not be given a refund nor allowed to take it during a different time slot.
- If you are a current BBR member and would like this race to count toward their finals, you must provide us with your membership number prior to running. If you wish to become a member you may purchase your membership in the entry office.
- In the event of a timer failure, backup time will be used. If no backup time is available, a re-run will be issued. If a contestant decides to rerun, no penalties from the previous run will be assessed. If contestant chooses not to rerun, their entry fee (minus processing fee) will be refunded.
- Horse/rider combos must compete in the order posted in the draw. A contestant will be given 3 gate calls. If you miss your run you will considered a no time. If you compete out of order, you will be given a no time.
- If you get off pattern, do not circle a barrel more than once. Keep the ground as good and fair as possible. Fee can be imposed at arena director’s discretion.
- Dress code is required. This includes western hat or helmet, a long-sleeved shirt, pants and boots or riding shoes with heels. If contestant breaks dress code, they will receive a no time.
- There will be a hat fine of $5 if the arena crew collects your hat. Fine payable to the crew members that collects your hat.
- Parking areas will be designated by the Amarillo Tri-State Exposition officials.
- Stalls will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis at $20 per night through the stall office.
- RV hookups are available through the stall office.
- A contestant wishing to point out a discrepancy or file a complaint must do so with a Christmas Ca$h official, accompanied by a $50 fee. All complaints must be filed in a timely manner to be considered. If the association sides with the contestant on the discrepancy the $50 will be returned, however, if the association disagrees with the complaint the $50 will not be returned.
- The arena director’s decision is final!
- This will be a 4D race with ½ second splits. There is a 5D incentive (for bonus round qualification only).
- 75% of entry fees will go into purse. Of the purse money, 40% goes to each qualifying round and 20% to the bonus round.
- 100% of added money will go into purse. $1000 added to Saturday’s open, $1000 added to Sunday’s open, $500 added to Bonus Round and $1500 awarded in Average winner checks.
- Payback scale will be: 1D--35%, 2D--30%, 3D--20%, 4D--15% with BBR suggested payoff percentages for the actual placings.
- Any unpaid money because of un-filled divisions will go to the winner of the 1D.
- For all other rules refer to BBR/NBHA rules.
- Bonus round will pay 4 places per division. Payback scale will be: 1D--35%, 2D--30%, 3D--20%, 4D--15%. For the actual placings, the breakdown will be: 40% to first, 30% to second, 20% to third and 10% to fourth.
- Qualification: The top 8 runners from each division (5D scale), each day in the Open will qualify. If a contestant qualifies in both rounds, the contestant’s fastest time will be considered their qualifying time. Other contestants will be added in the order in which they placed (within the same division) from the day the qualifying contestant’s fastest qualifying time was run.
- If a contestant chooses not to participate in the bonus round, no contestant will be moved up to fill that position.
- Running order will be from slowest qualifying time to fastest qualifying time. If a contestant qualifies 2 or more horses into the bonus round, they may need to be prepared to run close to themselves.
- The bonus round will be a clean slate 4D with ½ second splits.
- The Top 4 of each division (4D scale) in the bonus round will be awarded a Classic Equine haybag.
- Average winners (5D scale) will be awarded a Hy-O-Silver belt buckle and a $300 check. Average times will be figured on your qualifying time and your bonus round time.
- You must qualify for and compete in the bonus round to be eligible for awards.
- Any ties for awards will be broken by the draw of a chip.
CBT Challenge Race
- Limited to first 30 paid entries.
- Drag every 3 runners. Draw will take place Saturday December 4th. Race will run after the pre-entries on Saturday December 3rd and before the add-ons. Runner can carry time over into Christmas Ca$h Saturday race, if they pay the appropriate entry fee.
- Payout will be at least 94% of the $300 entry fee. If the race fills, it will pay 7 places: $2500, $2000, $1500, $1000, 700, $500 & $300. If the race does not fill, an alternative payout will be posted before race time.
- After November 16th (pre-entry deadline), draw outs, vet releases or doctor releases are not allowed. Horse or rider substitutions are allowed (for Challenge race only) or the spot can be sold to another runner (before noon on Saturday the 3rd). All changes must be taken care of in the office before noon on Saturday December 3rd. A calcutta for the Challenge Race entries will be held on Saturday after runner #50 (approximately 1pm) in the bleachers between the announcer stand and the office.
5pm-Friday expo office opens
7:30am—Race office opens
Noon—Open 4D Round #1.
Challenge Race will be held after pre-entries, followed by the add-on draw.
8:30am—Open 4D Round #2.
Bonus Round will be held 1 hour after Round #2
Day of race phone number is 806-679-6939 or 806-488-2144.
Fifth Season Inn & Suites--Host Hotel for Christmas Ca$h race.
$49 rate including breakfast. Call (806)358-7881 and ask for the Christmas Cash rate.